Kaliningrad State Artgallery
Information about the museum
Opening date — November 24, 1988.
Total area — 8483 m2.
Exhibition area — 3500 m2.
8 exhibition rooms ranging from 150 to 500 m2.
Up to 50 art exhibitions every year.
Library collection includes more than 8,000 books on art and culture.
There are lecture halls equipped with modern multimedia fitment.
Fund collection consist of more than 12,000 painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, craft works:
• the work of the official and alternative art Russian artists of 50-90s, XX century,
• modern graphics of the Russian and Baltic artists,
• works of Kaliningrad artists,
• Russian Glass and ceramics of 60-90s, XX century,
• contemporary folk crafts of Russia,
• Eastern Prussia artworks.
• International Biennial of Graphic Art of the Baltic region “Kaliningrad-Konigsberg”.
• The programm “Art Museums of Russia and Europe in the Kaliningrad Art Gallery”.
• Exhibitions of traditional and contemporary arts of domestic and foreign artists.
• Exhibition and publishing project “Kaliningrad artists – Russian context”.
• Exhibitions from private collections.
• The annual inter-museum project “Museum Night”.
Interactive educational exhibition “Where does an artist work?” within the project “Changing Museum in a Changing World”, organized by the Vladimir Potanin Foundation.
Children's Museum and Education Center
• Scientific conferences, seminars, round tables on museum education.
• Informational and educational center “The Russian museum: virtual branch”.
• Art Studio for young artists “First floor”.
• Lectures for students “World of Art”.
• A series of educational programs for schools and kindergartens “Hello, museum!”.
• Thematic workshops.
• The annual children's art competitions at various levels.
• Exhibitions of children's creativity. Children's Art Foundation.
Regional Museum Resource Center (MRC) for creative development of children and adolescents with different social and physical abilities based on the concept developed by the Union of Russian Museums and the Russian Centre of museum education and children's creativity.